logs show that discovery completed but I don't see device listed as system anywhere.

Mar 25 14:46:51 redtux 9124 7 U:apache S:discover_subnet M:Discovery for redtux submitted at 2015-03-25 21:46:51 completed

Mar 25 14:46:51 redtux 9124 7 U:apache S:discover_subnet M:Discovery for redtux submitted at 2015-03-25 21:46:51 starting

I've updated "all Devices" from admin > groups > list groups > All Devices > update

CommentAdd your comment...

7 answers

Hi Ritesh,

I'd suggest two things....

1 - Go to the config page (menu -> Admin -> Config) and set log_level to 7.

2 - Run an SSH discovery against a single device and use the 'debug' option.

You will have to wait for the run to complete, but you should see helpful information presented back to you on that page.

Make sure you set the log_level back to 5 after you've determined why Discovery isn't populating the DB or you will have a LOT of logs filling your disk.

Also make sure you specify an IP Address (or subnet), not a hostname.

Mark.

Ritesh,

The list of allowable types are defined in the file open-audit\code_igniter\application\controllers\include_device_types.php These types all have icons available so please use them (and only them). If you need an extra type added, just let me know.

A 'server' is actually just a computer in Open-AudIT's case. You can add a 'class' attribute to help you differentiate them if it helps. Most group definitions take the OS into account where they need to differentiate. Only a computer should have a class attribute. Valid classes are 'desktop','laptop','tablet','workstation','server','virtual server','virtual desktop','hypervisor' and empty.

So type = computer, man_class = server should do the trick. (smile)

I'll have one of our sales consultants shoot you an email re: licensing.

Mark.

Thanks. import_computers.xls did the trick.  I noticed that "type" doesn't have the "server" option from drop down. Any reason why? 

Also, how can I obtain licensing information for Open-AudIT Enterprise?

Regards,

Ritesh

Please use import_computers.xls.

I have removed import_servers.xls for the next release.

Import Computers will do all you need.

Hi Mark, Apologies for the late reply. Your suggestions helped. I was using "hostname" and not "IP Address" that was causing issues. I was able to test by adding a host without any issues. 

Adding to the same thread, I am trying to use spreadsheet to add servers. I am testing different ways so that I can let my team know about all the options available.

I get the following error while trying to add a server using the spreadsheet. It looks like the error message is suggesting that an IP address needs to be put in. I don't see a field for IP address in import_servers.xls spreadsheet.

Here is the error:

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: models/m_system.php

Line Number: 441

I am attaching the import_servers1.xls file. import_servers1.xls

Hi Ritesh,

Did you see anything in the logs?

Did you run an SSH discovery with debug? What was the output?

Adding. I looked at the database and there wasn't any entries made for the device I was trying to add. I have not set any password to the "openaudit" database that was created during initial installation.