Hi, 

we have setup our NMIS so that we give each of our customers a login to see only their details and with only view access. 

however if a customer is logged in they can click on the network status > customer network status & health table and see what other customers are using the platform and also our core status. is there a way of separating this for each customer?

Thanks

Matt

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Matt,

Hi, in NMIS you can select which groups a user is permitted to see, this will prevent them from seeing any nodes they are not allowed to see.

We had a nice powerpoint describing this, I have just created a WIKI page from that.

Configuring NMIS for Multi-Tenancy

Please review and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith, 

I have created a new role called customer with minimal privileges. i have also created a user that can logon and only view one customers details. however i can still see the overall customer Status & health screen that displays all of our customer overall statuses.

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Matt 

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the swift response.

although that is a valid answer on how to setup multi tenancy there is still one thing that would be great to fix.

I have created a customer in Customer "2" and given them a login that only has access to their nodes however they can still view overall customer status & health. they cannot drill down into the other customers as they do not have permissions. Is it possible to make the screen below only display the customer "2" overall health and status rather that an overview of all our customers.

Thanks

Matt

1. Keith Sinclair

Matt, This is working as intended because the idea is that a customer may be an internal or external customer, but I can understand that you would not want an external customer to see the other customers summaries. So we will need some kind of config option to control this, I think the best option might be to have a Access type for displaying the customer dashboard, that is if you are not of the role type operator or higher you do not see this menu item and can not run the view directly. It might even be better to add a new role called "customer" and manage their permissions with more granularity, halfway between a guest and operator. Is this a change you think you can make to NMIS yourself? Or something you would need help with? Keith