Hi everyone,

I am currently doing my final project and i want to figure out is it possible to automatically create TT (Trouble Ticket) in NMIS once  major issues detected on the monitored node? Please give me some guidance. Thank you.

Regards,

Hartini

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Certainly possible. Stock NMIS relies primarily on outbound email and syslog messages for event notifications but the notification subsystem can be extended with your own methods.

I'd recommend you check out the documentation pages on "NMIS8 Escalations", "Creating NMIS Email Notifications for a Specific Node and Interface" and "Custom Notification Methods for NMIS Events" for details.

1. hartini

Thanks Alexander. When you mention about syslog, which ogs under /usr/local/nmis8/logs that you refer to? I couldn't find file with syslog name inside.

Thank you.

Regards.

2. Alexander Zangerl

you will not find much evidence of *outbound* syslog messages in /usr/local/nmis8/logs, because NMIS is their sender, not recipient. To clarify the Escalation setup I've added a bit of info about syslog to the "NMIS8 Escalations" page.

CommentAdd your comment...