We are evaluating NMIS and I was given a Hyper-V VM with CentOS base install.  I installed NMIS and added in some devices and otherwise got the base product configured.  I am working on installing some commercial modules with trial keys so we can do a full evaluation of the modules to ensure they meet our needs.  I have installed opFlow, opMaps, opReports, opEvents, and opConfig so far.  All of the others come up when I hit the drop down at the top of NMIS except for opReports.  It comes up and says it isn't installed.

NMIS opReports Module

The opReports module is not currently installed.           

The opReports module enhances NMIS reporting with more engineering and business related reports. The reports cover technical aspects such as CBQoS and include Expert Reporting based on Network Engineering Experience of the Opmantek team, further enhanced by your own team. The service and business reports provide the ability to deliver traffic light reports to managers and business representatives.           

More information and contact information available at Opmantek Modules     

If I go directly to the module URL (/omk/opReports), it loads up just fine.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hello Bill,

The menu entries for that drop-down are contained in /usr/local/nmis8/conf/Modules.nmis

You can open this file with any compatible text editor (many use vim). Please look for the opReports menu entry, copy it and reply back here.

Regards,

Mark H

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply.  When I opened the file, I noticed there are actually two links in the dropdown- opReports and opReports 3.0. The module I downloaded and installed with the trial license was opReports 3.0.2 and so I just tried opReports 3.0 link in the dropdown and of course, it loaded right up.  This was me not paying attention.  Since that mystery is solved, can we comment out or remove the entry for opReports so there is no confusion as I am opening up our test deployment to more users?

'opReports' => {
                    'order' => '6',
                    'name' => 'opReports',
                    'base' => 'opmantek',
                    'file' => '/cgi-bin/opReports.pl',
                    'link' => '/cgi-omk/opReports.pl',
                    'description' => 'The opReports module enhances NMIS reporting with more engineering and business related reports.  The reports cover technical aspects such as CBQoS and include Expert Reporting bas$
                  },
                  'opReports 3.0' => {
                    'order' => '10',
                    'name' => 'opReports 3.0',
                    'base' => 'omk',
                    'file' => '/bin/opreports-cli.pl',
                    'link' => '/omk/opReports',
                    'description' => 'The opReports module enhances NMIS reporting with more engineering and business related reports.  The reports cover technical aspects such as CBQoS and include Expert Reporting bas$
                  },

Thanks,

Bill

1. Alexander Zangerl

Bill, absolutely feel free to remove the older opReports menu entry. (The reason we decided to include both was that opReports 2.x can be used independently of the new version; as they don't have the same look and feel we didn't want to force customers to change their workflow too much while the new opReports 3.x is still unfamiliar.)