I wanted to created different "tiers" in open-audit to group them. How can I create them? The idea is to put device based on the highest importance. For example, if I wanted to group all devices that needs to have 100% uptime, I would group them as tier1.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

You could indicate a device's importance by either using the Criticality attribute (only in Bulk Edit, but will reappear in device details in 1.8.2) or by making a custom field.

The create a group definition using this attribute.

Group definitions are in XML and can be found at /code_igniter/application/controllers/groups (reports are at /reports in the controllers directory).

I'd suggest grabbing a simple definition and examining the file. Computers is a good example.

The structure of the file is very similar to a query definition. We have a couple of pages on query definition on the wiki - https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Home, "How to create a Query definition" and "How to Create a Query".

I'd read through these and then apply the same logic to a group definition.

You can then import your XML definition at menu -> Admin -> Groups -> Import Group.

If it doesn't work, you can delete the group at menu -> Admin -> Groups -> List Groups, change your XML and try re-importing.

As a hint, your group_dynamic_select should look something like

SELECT distinct(system.system_id) FROM system WHERE system.man_status = 'production' and system.man_criticality = 'critical'
        CommentAdd your comment...