- The individual performing this installation has some Linux experience.
- NMIS8 is installed on the same server where opMaps will be installed
- NMIS8 is installed in /usr/local/nmis8
- opMaps will be installed into /usr/local/opmantek
- Root access is available (not always needed but much easier)
- Perl 5.10
- RRDtool 1.4.7
- Copy the opMaps tarball to the server (a tarball is a GZIP'd tar file, e.g. opMaps-Linux-x86_64-1.4.tar.gz for 64bit Linux or opMaps-Linux-i686-1.4.tar.gz for 32bit Linux)
- You may need to use SCP or FTP to get the file onto the server.
- The file will now likely be in the users home directory.
- If the installation directory does not already exist
- Change into the directory where the tarball was copied
- Untar the file
Getting a Google API Key
opMaps leverages the Google Maps API, and can optionally use a Google API Key, It is recommended to use a Google API Key if you are expecting a high volume of Google API traffic..
If you don’t already have one, please follow these steps from Google to obtain a Google API key , to stop the message about not having a Google API Key you can edit the configuration item "googleApiKeyMessage" in Maps.nmis and change to blank, e.g. 'googleApiKeyMessage' => ''
Configure Google API Key
To configure your own Google API key, open the Maps.nmis file in /usr/local/opmantek/conf/
Find the following line under 'mapview' =>
'googleApiKey' => 'defaultAPI'
Replace the defaultAPI with your own Google API KEY
eg: 'googleApiKey' => 'AIzaSblahblahblahblah--blahwQPmscElk-8'
Alternate Installation Directory
opMaps can be installed into another directory if required, e.g. /opt/opmantek, the same process applies, but a few files will need to be changed.
Edit Maps.nmis and change the <omk_base> to be the new, e.g.
'<omk_base>' => '/opt/opmantek',
Edit the Apache include file, which if already copied to /etc/httpd/conf.d will be /etc/httpd/conf.d/01opmantek.conf and change the following lines to the new installation location
Alias /opmantek/ "/usr/local/opmantek/htdocs/"
ScriptAlias /cgi-omk/ "/usr/local/opmantek/cgi-bin/"
Access opMaps Web Page
The default URL to access opMaps is http://nmis.domain.com/cgi-omk/opMaps.pl
Any authentication challenges will be the same as to login to your NMIS8 system.
Please go to opMaps Configuration Guide