Hi,

I'm a complete rookie on NMIS and we wanted to try installing one for our monitoring system.

When I ran ./install.pl i receive an error "Can't locate version.pm". How can i fix this?

Thank you in advance.

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

Thanks Algie,

We currently don't support Centos version 7 (in the installer) I'm afraid, there were some significant changes from version 6 to version 7 in CentOS.

Are you able to use CentOS version 6 ?  (You could use the Opmantek Virtual Appliance if you like which is CentOS 6 with NMIS pre-installed).

Thank you Nick.

Sorry, I did not know that NMIS does not support Centos 7.

I'll try Centos 6.

Thank you very much.

1. Alexander Zangerl

algie, nick didn't express it that way, because your problem report is somewhat puzzling and indicates that there are /more/ fundamental changes CentOS/RH7 than we're aware of. In general NMIS /should/ work on CentOS7 but it might not work out of the box, which is why we recommend that you either use 6 or the pre-packaged virtual appliance (under virtualbox or vmware). We are definitely working towards "ticking off" CentOS/RH7 as a working and supported platform for all of our products but we're not quite there yet.

2. algie

Thank you Alexander. I'm completely new to NMIS. I'm able to setup NMIS on a Centos 6 and learning my way on it. This is a great app. Oh, btw, I was able to run the app but there are some errors/warning with permission. WARN: /usr/local/nmis8/logs/json/1439599819-1.json has other read permissions Problem with /usr/local/nmis8/logs/json/1439599659-1.json: WARN: /usr/local/nmis8/logs/json/1439599659-1.json has other read permissions Problem with /usr/local/nmis8/logs/fpingd.log: WARN: /usr/local/nmis8/logs/fpingd.log has other read permissions ERROR: /usr/local/nmis8/logs/fpingd.log DOES NOT have correct owner from config nmis_user=nmis dir=root ERROR: /usr/local/nmis8/logs/fpingd.log DOES NOT have correct owner from config os_username=nmis dir=root ERROR: /usr/local/nmis8/logs/fpingd.log DOES NOT have correct owner from config nmis_group=nmis dir=root Problem with /usr/local/nmis8/logs/event.log: WARN: /usr/local/nmis8/logs/event.log has other read permissions Problem with /usr/local/nmis8/mibs/CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB.my: WARN: /usr/local/nmis8/mibs/CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB.my has other read permissions Problem with /usr/local/nmis8/mibs/riverbed.oid: WARN: /usr/local/nmis8/mibs/riverbed.oid has other read permissions Problem with /usr/local/nmis8/mibs/ups.oid: WARN: /usr/local/nmis8/mibs/ups.oid has other read permissions Problem with /usr/local/nmis8/mibs/CISCO-RTTMON-MIB.oid:

thank you for your response.

here's the result:

CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core)
        NAME="CentOS Linux"
        VERSION="7 (Core)"
        ID="centos"
        ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
        VERSION_ID="7"
        PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
        ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
        CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
        HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
        BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"

CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-7"
        CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="7"
        REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
        REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7"

Hello Algie,

I presume you are not using one of the Opantek Virtual Machines, correct?

version.pm is a perl module which should be on your system already, it is a core perl module since version 5.9.

What operting system and version are you using?  You can use "cat /etc/*-release"  or "lsb_release -a"

What version of perl do you have?   you can use "perl -v" for this.