Hi, I noted a very strange behavior, when I select: Admin - Database - Backup the database, the system download a empty SQL file (0 KB), this behavior start this week (every week I made a backup in this way).

I tested a command line backup using the command "mysqldump -u openaudit -popenauditpassword openaudit > db_backup.sql" and works as expected (around 180 Mb).

We areusing virtual appliance 8.5.6 with Open-Audit 1.5.3. 

Thanks!

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

I cannot replicate this on my current install (1.8.2) - it functions as intended.

This issue has not been reported by any other users.

If you have not upgraded recently and this has only just started occurring, it may be some data in the database (unlikely) or an upgraded package (related to MySQL, PHP, etc) causing issues.

I'd suggest you upgrade to 1.8.2 - it is much improved compared with 1.5.3 (smile)

Just go to opmantek.com or open-audit.org and download the latest installer. Extract (say to /tmp) and cd into the folder generated and run ./install - done (smile)

Thank you Mark.

Just for your reference:

I created a VM with CentOS and Open-AudIT 1.5.3, restored a backup from my Production Server and the behavior was the same, after the test, the Open-AudIT was upgraded to 1.8.2 with the same results.

Finally, I applied the DB maintenance and deleted some alerts to decrease DB size and the option "Database Backup" from web interface works as expected, looks like a limitation when the DB is over 180 Mb.

Other thing, when the system can't download the file, a copy of that file with real size is stored in /tmp .

I hope this information will be useful, if you need screenshots about this issue, let me know.

Regards.