Apparently, I modified something I shouldn't have.  I have been struggling with the discoveries since shortly after upgrading to 4.1 (previously I used Windows scheduler with batch jobs calling the windows.vbs script).

Apparently, the "service" account I have been trying to use, though a local admin on the Windows computers, has some restrictions imposed on it that were affecting its ability to run the .vbs script in its entirety.

I've reverted back to my personal admin account to test the discoveries, but now I am experiencing the Discovery Warning "Could not find audit result path in script output from" <audited device IP Address> "Cannot retrieve audit result"

I did run my old process from the scheduled tasks using my personal admin account on a couple subnets and not surprisingly over 4000 software were discovered. My discoveries has not been pulling the file from the audits for quite some time.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Rick,

Can you email me the install support and the discovery support output as per Open-AudIT Support Information.

I'll see what I can see... but it definitely should work.

Mark.

CommentAdd your comment...