Is there a way to manually edit the ifindex values or pull them in from NMIS?

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

I suspect you mean for the Agent Selector on the main dashboard page?

If that is the case then yes, but it's not totally automatic (yet) and works only if opCharts is also installed somewhere (not necessarily on the same system!). Your opFlow configuration would have to be adjusted  to point to the opCharts instance (see the entries opflow_opcharts_url_baseopflow_opcharts_user and opflow_opcharts_password in conf/opCommon.nmis - the version in install has some comments).

When that is done, you'd have to go to the System -> Agents menu, select the agent IP address in question and the Edit button. On the edit screen you'd enter the NMIS/opCharts node name and opFlow will then populate the Agent Selector with interface information from opCharts' API (and thus indrectly from NMIS).

(regarding manual naming of the interfaces, sorry, that's not  supported at this time.)

1. Tom Piasecki

Hi Alexander, Thank you for the answer. I did spin up an opCharts instance and set those parameters in conf/opCommon.nmis. The username and password fields were already filled in with the defaults which I didn't change and I set the url to http://localhost I also had the node name already populated it in opflow but i removed it and added it again for good measure. I can't seem to get it to populate the interface names after that? I did also restart the opflowd service just in case. Do I have a setting wrong or am I missing something?

Hi Mark,

I had to start from scratch on this server for another reason but I've been able to get the names populated now once I got everything going again. Thanks for your help!

Hi Tom, Just need to verify some things

1. NMIS is on the same server as opCharts (localhost)
        2. NMIS is monitoring the node
        3. The node appears in opCharts 
        4. The node name entered in opFlow exactly matches the name in opCharts 

If all of those match we need to check the logs to see if/why it's failing, /usr/local/omk/log/opFlow.log is where to look, you may see a line like: 

[Thu Jun 16 10:10:00 2016] [warn] FlowController::show_agent_info Failed to authenticate to remote opCharts url:http://localhost/en/omk/opCharts/login 

If this is the case we've found the issue, opFlow is not able to login to opCharts. Verify the url being used works for you as well as the user/pass combo.

If not, in your browser please open the "javascript console", reload the page, click on an agent so that the interface list appears and then send through any info that may have been printed to the console.