i have created user on GUI using the administrator login details that was created by someone who work for the company before me. i can login on the NMIS using the new user but when i create the escalation for email notification when node is down. the contact is not send mail. do i need to ssh on the server and authenticate the new user who is administrator. ACS is used as the authentication method. thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

5 answers

Phil, all is working fine now. changes i made yesterday morning worked. which is creating authenticating the new user. notification are send and all looks good. one last question. how do upgrade the current version to 8.5.12 from 8.5.6. please note that nmis runs on vmware. please guide me how to import the new version to vm.

yes i have created a new nmis contact with email. i know that nmis user is different from contact. new contact is assigned level0 on escalations.

Did you create a new NMIS contact with email address? Contacts and NMIS user accounts are different. Make sure you assign the new contact a level in the escalations. Make sure the server you want to be alerted for is in the correct "role" for the escalation policy that will email your new contact

all you mention above is correct. i am following guide and previous engineer who setup the nmis for the company. about 12 contacts that he added do get email notification. its just the new ones i created not getting them.i am not sure what causes it. .

I'd start here: Setup --> Basic Setup

make sure there is a valid mail server, mail user and password listed