1 answer

Hello Aniket,

Traditionally, NMIS is used to monitor servers and network devices down to the last hop before an end-user device. This is generally done in order to manage the load on the NMIS server, and also because monitoring the end-user device (workstation, laptop, etc) provides limited value. As a result, NMIS does not currently ship with a device model for Windows desktop OSs. However, one could be developed quickly based off the existing Windows server models.

Please see the Device Modeling section of our wiki for details: Developing Device Models for NMIS

Regards,

Mark H

1. Aniket

but we can develop windows desktops models as well right?

2. Aniket

also it is not able to recognize the Processor type and Generation

3. Mark Henry

Yes, you can quickly create a model for devices using Windows desktop OS. See my reply above and the link to the wiki page for reference on how to proceed.

4. Aniket

Hi Mark Thanks I will try to create the model.

5. Aniket

Hi Mark I made a separate model for windows desktops OS, but not able to monitor the CPU processor, can you give me an example to do it in windows desktop OS.

6. Mark Henry

Hello Aniket, We're happy to help you with debugging a Windows desktop model; this service can be included with a Support & Maintenance contract. Please contact us directly at usa@opmantek.com if you are interested and let us know how many devices you are managing with NMIS.

7. Aniket

Also tell me how to discover all the system at once. We have to add it manually one by one in NMIS8.

8. Mark Henry

Hello Aniket, our online Community/Wiki contains lots of great information to help you get your NMIS implementation up and running very quickly. Regarding bulk device import there are several options available; please refer to: https://community.opmantek.com/display/NMIS/Import+Nodes+into+NMIS8+-+bulk+import+and+integration

CommentAdd your comment...