Hi Guys,

I see that there's a two guides for migrating to a newer version of NMIS.

However in this case I just want the configuration data, not the collected data.

I have successfully exported the nodes using "export_nodes.pl nodes=list.csv" but that presented some more questions:

1. Groups: Will NMIS import script find the groups and import them? Or is it best to do this manually before importing?
  2. SNMP credentials: I see the script does not export this data, most nodes use the same RO community, so is it best to set this as default and THEN import? Or can the communities be exported in the csv too?

As always thanks for a fantastic tool, I do not know of a parallel.

Side note: Is there a demonstration website I can play with OPflow? We're currently using nprobe+ntopng but we aren't finding the representation of data terribly useful.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Harry,

This is a great question.  Since the data is not required we can simply copy two configuration files and run a patch script. 

Copy the following files from the old server to the new server

• /usr/local/nmis8/conf/Config.nmis
      • /usr/local/nmis8/conf/Nodes.nmis

After this run the following command:

[root@opmantek admin]# /usr/local/nmis8/admin/updateconfig.pl /usr/local/nmis8/install/Config.nmis /usr/local/nmis8/conf/Config.nmis
      Found no items to add to Live Config.

Next, Log into NMIS on the new server and verify that things are as they should be.

Best regards,

Chris Gatlin

1. Harry Milanes

Thanks Christopher that's super easy :-)

In regard to opFlow you may download it here:

https://opmantek.com/network-tools-download/

Then get a free trial license here:

https://opmantek.com/trial/