Currently the Dashboard takes 61 seconds to load. How can I improve the performance of my Open-Audit install? My Open-Audit install is running on a Windows 2012 R2 64-bit VM running in Hyper-V. It has 8 virtual cores and 8 GB of memory. What can I do to improve the responsiveness of the console?

1. Rick Wegner

We regularly receive the Bad Gateway screen below. Reloading the page usually solves the problem Bad Gateway! The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request GET /omk/open-audit/reports/30001/execute. Reason: Error reading from remote server If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 502 vm-auditit 10/19/17 10:32:23 Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Can you tell me the number of rows in the audit_log table.

Go to menu -> Admin -> Database -> List Tables.

1. Rick Wegner

There are 22114 rows in the audit_log table

2. Mark Unwin

This "might" be the cause. We are releasing 2.0.10 shortly and would suggest you upgrade ASAP. We have included a fix to improve homepage performance that was (is) directly related to the row count of this table.

3. Rick Wegner

I'll be waiting patiently

4. Phil

version 2.0.10 is available on their website for download now.

5. Rick Wegner

I just discovered that. The web page reads 2.0.8 but the Windows link downloaded 2.0.10.

6. Rick Wegner

The upgrade to 2.0.10 is a disaster. The Open Audit Enterprise link is taking me to the Community login. Once logged in I am no longer able to switch to the Enterprise view. Selecting the Map icon takes me to the Open-Audit community login. The manage license page displays Open-AudIT Enterprise Version 2.0.10. I guess removing all of the Professional features is a way to speed up performance.

7. Rick Wegner

I guess I will be opening a ticket for this issue.

8. Mark Unwin

Try logging out and back in, or starting an incognito browser session. To logout / login, the URL below should work http://YOUR_SERVER/omk/open-audit/login/logout

I don't think I have an answer for you, I'm running OA version 2 on CentOS 7 with 4 vcpu & 10GB of memory and everything is fast. I guess a key piece of the puzzle, does your vm live on shared storage or local storage? My vm is on a esxi 6 host with local SSD based datastore, which is so much faster than a VM that lives on the SAN!

1. Rick Wegner

I am running from SAN based storage over Fibre Channel. The storage makes use of auto-tiering but because of the frequency of scanning I expect the data to be kept on fast disk. Performance Monitor reports disk activity response times of 2 MS and Queue Lengths are below 1, typically below 0.5

2. Phil

Thanks for reply. Here we have thousands of vm's, dozens of vCenters, hundreds of esxi hosts. Whenever there is a complaint of slow performance, 100% of the time it's because the VM lives on the SAN. The SAN company can provide all sorts of bells and whistles, but they can never solve this problem. We always move the VM to local datastore when performance is an issue.