I'm trying to get discovery by SNMP working (currently on some printers).  I know that SNMP v1 is enabled on the printers in question and the community is set to the default value of public.  I have a credential listed in Discover->credentials ->list credentials with the community set to the same.  If I run the discovery through the web interface the logging indicates that SNMP is not enabled on the device.  I've also run the discover_subnet command from the terminal and I can see that it finds an "snmp_status" of true for the device.  Looking through the logs in the DB I see a line that says: "No credentials returned from database".  I'm not sure what I'm missing here.  Thanks for any information on how to troubleshoot this further.

Thanks,

Brent

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

If "No credentials returned from database" is from the command line run of discover_subnet did you supply the discovery_id?

If running on Linux, has Nmap had it's permission set?

Open-AudIT and Nmap

Setting the nmap permissions seems to have fixed it.  nmap worked fine running from the commandline as an administrator.  It even ran fine as apache for some of the nmap commands during the discovery process.  But the one of them returned nothing.  After I set the permissions as Mark suggested, the discovery worked fine from the web as well.  thank you for taking the time.

1. Mark Unwin

Nmap requires higher level access to run a UDP scan, hence the issue. Glad it's fixed.

Thanks for responding so quickly.  We only have one organization entered.   This is on community version 2.2.7 by the way.

"No credentials returned from the database" may mean a mismatch between the Org_ID of the credentials and that of the discovery. Do you have multiple Organisations entered?