I have downloaded the VM from opmantek with NMIS installed and tried to set up the system which mostly went OK however, I had to download a package for LDAPS ldapsearch to work and received the message "No Such Command" when using Yum, now as this is a test system I removed the VM and downloaded it again from Opmantek as version 8.6.8G had been released and I wanted to test the latest version.

Again when I tried to update a package I found No Yum command and no RPM command; to install the VM I downloaded and converted the drives to Microsoft hyperV format using Starwind as this was recommended in the guide, I am not a linux expert so I must be doing something incorrectly can someone please advise has Yum been deprecated for a new package manager.

The VM had two drives and I have checked the have bough been mounted and seem to be working OK.

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Andrew,

The December 2019 VM build was built on Debian, as can be seen from the VM file name "Opmantek-191212c-VM-Debian9.11-64bit.ova".

A new version of the Opmantek VM is in testing and will be released in multiple versions on different Linux distros.

Best,

Mark H

Hi I have tried all the YUM commands, I am starting to think that Opmantek have changed from Centos in the VM to Debian.  

The command was:-

yum -y install openldap-clients nss-pam-ldapd

This is in the help guide to test authentication with the domain controller

Hello Andrew,

What is the YUM command you are executing and the error returned?

Mark H