We've been running OpenAudit Community v1.12 for several years, which contains all of our data.  My ultimate goal is to build a new host, running CentOS 7, and OpenAudit Community v3.4 which contains all of the data from the existing 1.12 version.

Is this possible, and what process should I follow?

I've already tried restoring the mysql database from a mysqldump onto the new host, then running the installer script.  According to a paragraph on your site states that is should be easily upgraded and just start using.  

Upgrading

Upgrading is essentially the same as installing.

Just run the installer as per above and when you log on to the web interface, you will be directed to the database schema upgrade screen.

Run this and your schema will be upgraded and you can then continue to use Open-AudIT as normal.

It didn't work!   So I apparently am missing something. 

This is what I get when trying to login to the newly installed instance on v3.4

Error Number: 1146</p><p>Table 'openaudit.users' doesn't exist</p><p>/* m_orgs::get_user_all */ SELECT orgs FROM users WHERE id = 1</p><p>Filename: models/m_orgs.php</p><p>Line Number: 400</p>

Do I need v1.12 completly installed when doing the 3.4 install?

Thanks

Steve H. 

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

Confirmed - Open-AudIT does not  work with PHP 7.4.x.

PHP has deprecated __autoload which is currently used.

A work-around is to edit the file /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/config/config.php

At the bottom of the file is a function thus:

function __autoload($class) {

Comment that entire function out.

Add the below.

function my_autoloader($class) {
      if (strpos($class, 'CI_') !== 0) {
          if (file_exists($file = APPPATH . 'core/' . $class . 'php')) {
              include $file;
          }
        }
      }
      spl_autoload_register('my_autoloader');

This should at least get Community running. Once done, upgrade the database from 1.12, then install 3.4.0.

I have no idea if 3.4.0 will function correctly with PHP 7.4.x, but I am assuming at least you will need to reapply the above patch.

Downloaded OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_2.0.1.run, installed, started.  Cannot get passed the "Activate your Free License" page. 

I'm wanting to run the "Community" Free version, but I click on "Start now" and nothing happens. 

Restored mysqldump of "our" production database; same result.

This php7 error exists in the httpd error_log:

[Mon Aug 24 17:09:44.291724 2020] [php7:error] [pid 26216] [client 127.0.0.1:53992] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare __autoload() (previously declared in /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/config/config.php:349) in /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/config/config.php on line 0

I'm using PHP 7.4 installed from the remi_safe/remi-php74 yum repository for EL 7

What config.php edits should I be making?  If any?

Not sure why I have so many issues with OpenAudit on Linux.  Are most of you users running on Windows?

Steve H.

Thankyou Mark, I'll give it a go!

I would try upgrading to 2.0.1 first., then moving to 3.4.0.

1. Backup database using MySQL Dump.
            2. New Centos 7 install.
            3. Install 2.0.1.
            4. Restore database over top.
            5. Log in to Open-AudIT and upgrade the database 1.12 to 2.0.1.
            6. Install 3.4.0.
            7. Log in to Open-AudIT and upgrade the database to 3.4.0.

I think that should work.

You can find 2.0.1 here - https://dl-openaudit.opmantek.com/OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_2.0.1.run

UPDATE - As we cannot legally distribute packaged versions of Open-AudIT prior to 3.5.0, if you need to upgrade from 1.14 or earlier, please contact Opmantek for supported assistance.

1. Steve Heineck

Downloaded OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_2.0.1.run, installed, started.  Cannot get passed the "Activate your Free License" page. 

I'm wanting to run the "Community" Free version, but I click on "Start now" and nothing happens. 

Restored mysqldump of "our" production database; same result.

This php7 error exists in the httpd error_log:

[Mon Aug 24 17:09:44.291724 2020] [php7:error] [pid 26216] [client 127.0.0.1:53992] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare __autoload() (previously declared in /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/config/config.php:349) in /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/config/config.php on line 0

I'm using PHP 7.4 installed from the remi_safe/remi-php74 yum repository for EL 7

What config.php edits should I be making?  If any?

Not sure why I have so many issues with OpenAudit on Linux.  Are most of you users running on Windows?

Steve H.

2. Mark Unwin

Our serious users (large) run on Linux. The issue is the sheer number of code changes between 2015 (1.12) and now. The licensing system has changed recently, so that's why 2.0.1 doesn't like it. Let me see if I can generate a license.

Can you email me at marku@opmantek.com (I will not post the license here).

3. Mark Unwin

And you should be able to ALWAYS use Open-AudIT Community. It does not require a license key.

It may have an issue with PHP 7.4 (we only support the standard PHP on a given distribution). I'll see if I can quickly test that. No promises.