it has been several years since I used NMIS, and I am having some challenges with the new system. I just installed the VM, and defined 1 cisco router. I am seeing all the health stats perfectly, as well as what interfaces are up and down. I have had it running for about 3 hours now, and the interface graphs are not populating. Any help would be appreciated.
    CommentAdd your comment...

7 answers

Dale,

Glad we found your problem, once you started to use SNMPv2c for SNMP polling, NMIS was able to use the correct SNMP MIBS and collect the interface data.

Most importantly SNMPv2c supports 64bit counters which is very important for handling Gigabit ethernet interfaces.  The 32 bit counters used in SNMPv1 will not let you see all the traffic happening on a gigabit or faster interface.

Keith

just had the same issue with a Cisco ASA.

I set the model to "ciscogeneric" and tell it what interfaces are in use, and it works fine.

got it working.

I had to set the node model to "ciscogeneric" then tell it what interfaces I wanted to track.

Not sure if this is a bug in NMIS8, or if it is due to an older IOS on my router.

That being said, I had a similar issue with a new 3750X switch when I left the model at automatic.  once I set it to "ciscogeneric" and told it what ports to graph, it started working also.

Dale,

These folders should be created automatically as the RRD is created, to troubleshoot this could you please run the support tool and send the ZIP file to me on keiths@opmantek.com

/usr/local/nmis8/admin/support.pl action=collect node=CoreRouter

Once collected you could create the folder manually:

mkdir /data/nmis8/database/nodes/corerouter/interface

Regards

Keith

well, after following both sets of suggestions, I have figured out what is wrong.

11-Apr-2015 12:05:07,nmis.pl::runThrHld#7242NMIS::getSummaryStats#1552<br>ERROR (CoreRouter) database=/data/nmis8/database/nodes/corerouter/interface/gigabitethernet0-1-3.rrd does not exists or is protected for read

In short, there is not interface directory for the "corerouter"  there is a "health" directory, which explains why I have all the health status, but no interface stats.

Any suggestions how to get the interface graphs to initialize?

Thank you for your responses.

Hello Dale

If the you have the next result as the next screen

Then, try this in order to see if we can have the graphs working

Run 

/usr/local/nmis8/bin/nmis.pl type=config

/usr/local/nmis8/bin/ nmis.pl type=apache 

/usr/local/nmis8/bin/nmis.pl type=update node=YOURNODENAME debug=true

/usr/local/nmis8/bin/nmis.pl type=collect node= YOURNODENAME debug=true

Then see if you have graphs now. If you make a resizing of disk you need always to run nmis.pl type=config

Best Regards

Dale,

There is a couple of things it could be, but those things are uncommon in our VM.

Please run fixperms.pl

/usr/local/nmis8/admin/fixperms.pl

Check the nmis.log and see if there any messages for that router 

grep NODENAME /usr/local/nmis8/logs/nmis.log

Run a collect manually and checked the output, this will help to verify if NMIS is capturing and storing the data.

/usr/local/nmis8/bin/nmis.pl node=NODENAME type=collect debug=true

If you can not see the problem, please run The NMIS Support Tool and email the outputs to me on keiths@opmantek.com

Regards

Keith