I don't have the ability to get access to the internet for a number of NMIS servers, but the upgrade process requires a number of  pre-requisites.

do I have to continue to download from a machine with internet access and transfer to the NMIS servers and run the install of each module or do I need all the pre-requisites and how do I ignore the pre-requisites if I don't need them.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

paul, we've just added a section to the page "Virtual Appliance Maintenance: Updating Software" that describes the procedure for a server without any internet access: basically you'd have to spin up a virtual appliance somewhere else, with internet access, run the installer there, capture the pre-requisite packages it has downloaded and transfer those over to your non-internetted system.

this is definitely more tedious than using a web proxy, so if a proxy is available in your environment you'd be better off using that.

1. Keith Sinclair

Alex has added more details about other techniques to update a server not connected to the internet, this includes using SSH tunnelling from your pc/laptop to help get the data through.

Hello Paul

You are able to use proxy too. 

https://community.opmantek.com/display/NMIS/Virtual+Appliance+Maintenance%3A+Updating+Software

Please take a look on the community link.

Regards

1. Paul Stonehewer

Hi Jose at the moment I don't have access to the proxy services. A request has gone in but this could take time. regards paul