I'd like to know how I can run a report which displays all information which i can export into a spreadsheet/workbook for auditing.

This information should contain everything from OS/kernel information, cpu, and memory to network, software and license keys information.

Can someone advise how i would accomplish this?

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Open-AudIT is not designed to do this. If you want every attribute you can view the device details, expand each section of the left side menu and print it (to pdf) from your browser.

Open-AudIT is designed to report on groups of devices. If you think about it, a single device can have (literally) thousands of rows in the database (Linux systems in particular have a lot of software packages). Being able to send these to Excel is not workable if you have more than just a few devices.

You can export any individual report to Excel (and csv, json, html, etc), but there is no way to export every attribute from every device (or even a single device) in a single action.

Having said that, our licensed customers are able to request features which we then discuss and help finalise, then build into the product ASAP. To become a licensed and supported customer, please see the Opmantek webpage (smile).

1. Norman Diamond

May I add a voice? I think my employer is negotiating with customers who would like to use this feature. I don't know what to say about thousands of rows listing software on a Linux client, but Windows clients probably have fewer rows. I think you might find Dan Oli's idea very saleable.

2. Mark Unwin

Our next version has the ability to export any table in the DB to CSV.

Thanks for your reply, Mark