Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Polling definitions must define their name (which must be unique) and can optionally have a description.  There are 5 main sections in a polling definition.

Changing a polling definition is not currently supported, if you need to do this please create a new poller with a new name and start collectors using the new poller.

Adding/Importing, Exporting, Removing

To add/import new polling defintions use opcharts-cli.pl, specify the file to get the definition from and if the file has more than one, specify the name of the poller to import:

Code Block
/usr/local/omk/bin/opcharts-cli.pl act=import-pollers file=/usr/local/omk/install/nmisd/pollers.d/my_new_poller.json

Exporting takes the current poller definition and writes it to the file specified (or to the screen if no file is given): 

Code Block
/usr/local/omk/bin/opcharts-cli.pl act=export-pollers name="My Export Poller" file=/tmp/poller_1.json

Removing a poller requires that no collectors exist that use it (enabled or not).  After all collectors that use the poller have been removed, delete the poller like this:

Code Block
/usr/local/omk/bin/opcharts-cli.pl act=delete-pollers name="My Old Poller"

Sections

1. Graph options - set graph attributes (like axis titles, min/max)
  2. Properties - values that generally don't change over time but are needed to calculate a field or just presented with the graph
  3. Virtual Properties - definitions of new variables which can be calculations using properties, other virtual properties and collector paramters
  4. Fields - values that will be polled every time the collector runs
  5. Virtual Fields - definitions of new variables which can be calculations using fields, properties, virtual properties and collector parameters