The latest version of NMIS can be downloaded from the Opmantek.com Download Page
|Table of Contents|
This is a maintenance release of NMIS, which was published on 17 Aug 2018.
Highlights for the 8.6.7G release
- The node dashboard widgets and graph drill-ins now load substantially faster,
and graph files are now cached for up to 60 seconds (configurable via
- SNMP Uptime counter wrapping (at 497 days) is now handled more robustly.
- The logic for group display/exclusion in the GUI widgets was repaired,
and now only nodes belonging to the configured groups (in
group_list) are displayed.
(Like before, all active nodes are handled by the polling and event engine, regardless of group membership.)
- The handling of node resets and long-term unpollable nodes is now more robust and reliable.
- The Polling Failover feature was extended to provide more fine-grained events and node states.
- NMIS now provides a configurable rule for acceptable node names (using the config item
node_name_rule) which is consistely applied everywhere;
the shipped default rule was also relaxed and now allows letters, numbers, space, underscore, hyphen and dot.
- NMIS now supports WMI polling in windows domains more robustly and username and domain can be provided in multiple formats.
- Various modelling improvements, e.g. the
nocollectdirective is now supported in systemHealth model sections.
- New and improved devices support for Nexus 7k, Adtran, Cisco, Arista, Mikrotik, Netvanta, PulseSecure, Juniper.
admin/node_admin.plnow supports bulk export and import..
- Various robustness improvements, e.g. in
fpingd.pl, more fine-grained logging.
This maintenance release of NMIS was published on 1 Jun 2018.