View the NMIS product page on Opmantek.com.
- NMIS8 - A Quick Getting Started Guide
- NMIS8 Common Settings to Consider Adjusting
- Getting Started with Opmantek Applications
- Opmantek Virtual Machine: Installation and Getting Started
- NMIS Configuration
Opmantek has training material available for NMIS, this is available in PDF format, and includes a movie which is about an hour long for the NMIS Device Modelling Training. All this downloadable:
- NMIS8 User Training
- NMIS8 Administration Training
- NMIS8 Developer Training
- NMIS8 Device Modelling Training
- NMIS8 Device Modelling Training Webcast
More information about Opmantek and our products and services available on our website.
Building upon the success of NMIS 8, Opmantek’s NMIS 9 was released in July 2020.
Some of the enhancements include:
- open data using MongoDB
- improved I/O
- improved scheduling
- handling a larger node count
- more responsive interface
Perfect for your Network Engineering needs.
To build Opmantek's Automated Network Management Platform, add the latest commercial modules to leverage and enable access to even more functionality. To list a few: complete scalability through multi-server architecture, centralised node management, complete flexibility, centralized poller configuration management, improved charts, Improved inventory reports, new maps library, JSON APIs and more. All via a single platform.
We're excited to bring this product to you.
And a HAT TIP to all who participated in the beta program - thanks guys!
Current NMIS v8 documentation is listed below.
- What is NMIS?
- Getting Started - Opmantek Virtual Appliance Bundle Installation
- NMIS8 Release Notes and the Virtual Appliance Release Notes
- NMIS8 Installation Guide and the (very simple) instructions for Upgrading NMIS to 8.6.6G
- NMIS8 Quick Start Guide
- NMIS8 Configuration Guide
- Node Administration Tools
- Managing Servers and Services with NMIS8
- NMIS Configuration Part 1 on the "show brain" blog
- NMIS Configuration Part 2 on the "show brain" blog
- Using SNMPv3 with NMIS for Secure Network Management
- Cisco router basic SNMP v1 or v2 configuration guide
- SNMP Traps with Cisco and Other devices
- NMIS8 Vendor and Device Support
- Information about Network Ports
- Configuring NMIS for Multi-Tenancy - how to prevent NMIS users from seeing devices they are not supposed to see.
- NMIS and multi-homed nodes
- How To Customise Interface Speed, Collection, Thresholds and Events Using Node Configuration
- Manage Current Events - acknowledge events to stop escalation and notification
- Basic and Advanced Thresholds in NMIS8
- NMIS Threshold Configuration
- NMIS Metrics, Reachability, Availability and Health
- Amount of Performance Data Storage NMIS8 Stores
- Description of the NMIS Event Log
- NMIS Event List
- NMIS Node Status
- Import Nodes into NMIS8 - bulk import and integration
- Alerts - Using models to generate custom events
- Creating NMIS Email Notifications for a Specific Node and Interface
- Configuration Files for NMIS
- Custom Tables in NMIS
- Using Unique Identifiers (UUID) for NMIS Nodes
- Custom Notification Methods for NMIS Events
- NMIS Dashboards with Alternate Groupings - Customers and Business Services
- Developing Device Models for NMIS
- Extending SNMPd for custom monitoring
- Making Sounds for Critical Events on the NMIS Dashboard
- How NMIS pings nodes, using fpingd/fping or ping
- Ping Timeout and NMIS, including fast ping - fping
- Scaling NMIS Polling
- NMIS Customising the Dashboard Layout - Save Windows and Positions
- Controlling the Collection of Interfaces, Adjustments and Overrides
- Configuring syslog to get 'Network Events' on Primary Server
- Scaling NMIS polling - how NMIS handles long running processes
- NMIS Handling Counter64 using SNMPv1
- Linking Nodes to other systems including Web, SSH, Telnet and whatever you need.
- Handling Uptime Counter Wrap with snmpEngineTime instead of sysUpTime
- The NMIS Support Tool
- NMIS File Permissions
- Configuration Files for NMIS (and how often they change)
- Logs, debugs and files which are useful when troubleshooting and resolving issues in NMIS
- Regular System Maintenance for NMIS
- SNMP Tuning
- SNMP Troubleshooting
- Testing SNMP Connectivity from the NMIS Server with snmpwalk
- Adding and Editing a Device in NMIS8
- Learning and Understanding Perl
- Installing Perl Libraries with and without CPAN
- NMIS8 Graphs Showing letters after the numbers in the y-axis
- NMIS Graphs showing fractional numbers while integers expected
- Configuring NMIS to use Internal Authentication
- Configuring NMIS to use Active Directory Authentication (ms-ldap or ms-ldaps)
- Important NMIS Configuration Options
- Virtual Machine Maintenance: Updating Software
Extend NMIS8/9 with Opmantek Modules
- opFlow - Application level visibility using NetFlow information, providing incredible visibility into bandwidth usage, by user and application.
- opReports - Expert reporting, with traffic lights and actions.
- opHA - High availability for NMIS through Primary/Poller and Multi-Primary configurations.
- opConfig - Automatically track and back up configurations. Compare configurations.
- opCharts - Modern, dynamic, interactive charting, custom dashboards and a RESTful API for all NMIS data and more.
NMIS Support & Resources
- How to upgrade and maintain
- Default Credentials (Passwords) for NMIS8 VM
- Default Credentials (Passwords) for NMIS9 VM
- User Management in NMIS8
- Moving the NMIS database to a new partition
- Additional support can be found on the nmis_users mailing list although we recommend commenting on this community site.
- Learning and Understanding Perl
New NMIS9 Virtual Machine Release 2021-08-19
Aug 19, 2021
New NMIS9 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-08-22
Aug 24, 2020
New NMIS8 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-07-31
Aug 04, 2020
New NMIS9 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-07-31
Aug 04, 2020
New NMIS8 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-07-08
Jul 10, 2020
Search NMIS Wiki