- NMIS8 - A Quick Getting Started Guide
- NMIS8 Common Settings to Consider Adjusting
- Getting Started with Opmantek Applications
- Opmantek Virtual Machine: Installation and Getting Started
- NMIS Configuration
Opmantek has training material available for NMIS, this is available in PDF format, and includes a movie which is about an hour long for the NMIS Device Modelling Training. All this downloadable:
- NMIS8 User Training
- NMIS8 Administration Training
- NMIS8 Developer Training
- NMIS8 Device Modelling Training
- NMIS8 Device Modelling Training Webcast
More information about Opmantek and our products and services available on our website.
Current NMIS v8 documentation is listed below.
- What is NMIS?
- Getting Started - Opmantek Virtual Appliance Bundle Installation
- NMIS8 Release Notes and the Virtual Appliance Release Notes
- NMIS 8 Installation Guide and the (very simple) instructions for Upgrading NMIS to 8.6.6G
- NMIS8 Quick Start Guide
- NMIS8 Configuration Guide
- Node Administration Tools
- Managing Servers and Services with NMIS8
- NMIS Configuration Part 1 on the "show brain" blog
- NMIS Configuration Part 2 on the "show brain" blog
- Using SNMPv3 with NMIS for Secure Network Management
- Cisco router basic SNMP v1 or v2 configuration guide
- SNMP Traps with Cisco and Other devices
- NMIS8 Vendor and Device Support
- Information about Network Ports
Building upon the success of NMIS 8, Opmantek’s NMIS 9 will be released in July 2020. We’re just going through the finalisation of the product right now.
Some of the enhancements include:
- open data using MongoDB
- improved I/O
- improved scheduling
- handling a larger node count
- more responsive interface
Perfect for your Network Engineering needs.
- NMIS 9 Release Notes
- NMIS9 Documentation - For some NMIS9 specific details.
- NMIS 9 Administration Notes
To build Opmantek's Automated Network Management Platform, add the latest commercial modules to leverage and enable access to even more functionality. To list a few: complete scalability through multi-server architecture, centralised node management, complete flexibility, centralised poller configuration management, improved charts, Improved inventory reports, new maps library, JSON APIs and more. All via a single platform.
We're excited to bring this product to you.
And a HAT TIP to all who participated in the beta program - thanks guys!
- Configuring NMIS for Multi-Tenancy - how to prevent NMIS users from seeing devices they are not supposed to see.
- NMIS and multi-homed nodes
- How To Customise Interface Speed, Collection, Thresholds and Events Using Node Configuration
- Manage Current Events - acknowledge events to stop escalation and notification
- Basic and Advanced Thresholds in NMIS8
- NMIS Threshold Configuration
- NMIS Metrics, Reachability, Availability and Health
- Amount of Performance Data Storage NMIS8 Stores
- Description of the NMIS Event Log
- NMIS Event List
- NMIS Node Status
- Import Nodes into NMIS8 - bulk import and integration
- Alerts - Using models to generate custom events
- Creating NMIS Email Notifications for a Specific Node and Interface
- Configuration Files for NMIS
- Custom Tables in NMIS
- Using Unique Identifiers (UUID) for NMIS Nodes
- Custom Notification Methods for NMIS Events
- NMIS Dashboards with Alternate Groupings - Customers and Business Services
- Developing Device Models for NMIS
- Extending SNMPd for custom monitoring
- Making Sounds for Critical Events on the NMIS Dashboard
- How NMIS pings nodes, using fpingd/fping or ping
- Ping Timeout and NMIS, including fast ping - fping
- Scaling NMIS Polling
- NMIS Customising the Dashboard Layout - Save Windows and Positions
- Controlling the Collection of Interfaces, Adjustments and Overrides
- Configuring syslog to get 'Network Events' on Primary Server
- Scaling NMIS polling - how NMIS handles long running processes
- NMIS Handling Counter64 using SNMPv1
- Linking Nodes to other systems including Web, SSH, Telnet and whatever you need.
- Handling Up Time Counter Wrap with snmpEngineTime instead of sysUpTime
- The NMIS Support Tool
- NMIS File Permissions
- Configuration Files for NMIS (and how often they change)
- Logs, debugs and files which are useful when troubleshooting and resolving issues in NMIS
- Regular System Maintenance for NMIS
- SNMP Tuning
- SNMP Troubleshooting
- Testing SNMP Connectivity from the NMIS Server with snmpwalk
- Adding and Editing a Device in NMIS8
- Learning and Understanding Perl
- Installing Perl Libraries with and without CPAN
- NMIS8 Graphs Showing letters after the numbers in the y-axis
- NMIS Graphs showing fractional numbers while integers expected
- Configuring NMIS to use Internal Authentication
- Configuring NMIS to use Active Directory Authentication (ms-ldap or ms-ldaps)
- Important NMIS Configuration Options
- Virtual Machine Maintenance: Updating Software
Extend NMIS8 with Opmantek Modules
- opFlow - Application level visibility using NetFlow information, providing incredible visibility into bandwidth usage, by user and application.
- opReports - Expert reporting, with traffic lights and actions.
- opMaps - Geographical mapping of your Organisation, from NMIS information.
- opSLA - Enhanced IPSLA engine for 10000's of IPSLA probes on a single server.
- opHA - High availability for NMIS through Primary/Poller and Multi-Primary configurations.
- opConfig - Automatically track and back up configurations. Compare configurations.
- opCharts - Modern, dynamic, interactive charting, custom dashboards and a RESTful API for all NMIS data and more.
NMIS Support & Resources
- How to upgrade and maintain
- Default Credentials (Passwords) for NMIS8 VM
- Default Credentials (Passwords) for NMIS9 VM
- User Management in NMIS8
- Moving the NMIS database to a new partition
- Additional support can be found on the nmis_users mailing list although we recommend commenting on this community site.
- Learning and Understanding Perl
New NMIS9 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-08-22
Aug 24, 2020
New NMIS8 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-07-31
Aug 04, 2020
New NMIS9 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-07-31
Aug 04, 2020
New NMIS8 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-07-08
Jul 10, 2020
New NMIS9 Virtual Appliance Release 2020-07-08
Jul 09, 2020
Search NMIS Wiki