Welcome to the NMIS (Network Management Information System), community page! NMIS is open source network management software which was first released in 1999, it is a complete network management system which assists with fault, performance and configuration management, providing performance graphs and threshold alerting as well as highly granular notification policies with many types of notification methods. You can download NMIS from here.
Have you just downloaded NMIS (VM or source)? See the NMIS v8 Documentation section information to get you started and help you configure NMIS. If you are looking for information and documentation for one of our modules see the specific Module links below. Lastly, if you have just downloaded the VM Bundle with NMIS which includes all of our modules check out the Getting Started - Virtual Appliance Bundle & NMIS 8 document to get you going.
More information about Opmantek and our products and services available on our website.
We're actively working on the next generation of NMIS and late beta releases are now available. Please contact us at email@example.com if you'd like to experiment with NMIS 9.
NMIS v8 Documentation
Current NMIS v8 documentation is listed below.
NMIS in Depth
Why does NMIS do that, how does it work?
NMIS Troubleshooting & Micro FAQ
Opmantek has training material available for NMIS, this is available in PDF format, and includes a movie which is about an hour long for the NMIS Device Modelling Training. All this downloadable:
Other Resources for NMIS Users
Opmantek Modules to Extend NMIS8
- opEvents - Event Management working like ITIL V3 intended. Managing syslog, SNMP trap, NMIS events and any log content.
- opFlow - Application level visibility using NetFlow information, providing incredible visibility into bandwidth usage, by user and application.
- opReports - Expert reporting, with traffic lights and actions.
- opMaps - Geographical mapping of your Organisation, from NMIS information.
- opSLA - Enhanced IPSLA engine for 10000's of IPSLA probes on a single server.
- opHA - High availability for NMIS through Master/Poller and Multi-Master configurations.
- opConfig - Automatically track and back up configurations. Compare configurations.
- opCharts - Modern, dynamic, interactive charting, custom dashboards and a RESTful API for all NMIS data and more.