Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

It's a simple matter of replacing the AND system.nmis_manage = 'y' with another condition. Our new query to select devices made by Accedian is below.

Code Block
languagesql
collapsetrue
SELECT system.id AS `system.id`, system.name AS `system.name`, system.hostname AS `system.hostname`, system.dns_hostname AS `system.dns_hostname`, system.fqdn AS `system.fqdn`, system.dns_fqdn AS `system.dns_fqdn`, system.ip AS `system.ip`, system.type AS `system.type`, system.credentials AS `system.credentials`, system.nmis_group AS `system.nmis_group`, system.nmis_name AS `system.nmis_name`, system.nmis_role AS `system.nmis_role`, system.nmis_manage AS `system.nmis_manage`, system.nmis_business_service AS `system.nmis_business_service`, system.nmis_customer AS `system.nmis_customer`, system.nmis_poller AS `system.nmis_poller`, system.snmp_version AS `system.snmp_version`, system.omk_uuid AS `system.omk_uuid`, locations.name AS `locations.name`, IF(system.snmp_version != '', 'true', 'false') AS `system.collect_snmp`, IF(system.os_group LIKE '%windows%', 'true', 'false') AS `system.collect_wmi` FROM `system` LEFT JOIN `locations` ON system.location_id = locations.id WHERE @filter AND system.manufacturer LIKE 'Accedian%'

# Calling the tool with a custom-named configuration file
./bin/oa-nmis-integration.pl exe conf=conf/my_custom_config.nmis

# Calling the tool by itself (uses conf/nmisIntegration.nmis)
./bin/oa-nmis-integration.plexe

# Show additional options
./bin/oa-nmis-integration.pl exe -h

And that's it!

No, not really - one more step. You'll need to create a cron job for these to run on your poller(s) at the time of your choosing.

NOW you're done (smile)

But what if I don't have a copy of oa-nmis-integration.pl or oa-nmis-integration.exe?

To enable the integration to run daily at 11:05am, place the following in a suitable cron job file.

5 11 * * * /usr/local/omk/bin

/oa-nmis-integration.pl conf=/usr/local/omk/conf/my_custom_config.nmis

NOW you're done (smile)bin and /usr/local/omk/conf if they don't already exist.

If you have any questions relating to this, Opmantek are only too happy to assist.