Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

I can get these results using the RRD Calculator this is the screen shot, I have changed the default of 5 minutes to 1 minute.

You will need to change the step and polling interface in the top of the file the defaults are hbeat (heartbeat) 900 and poll 300:

Code Block
    'db

The interface entry for the Common-database.nmis model would look like this after the change:

Code Block
themeEmacs
 'interface' => {
   'step_year   'hbeat' => '288900',
   'rows_month   'poll' => '2268300',
      'rows_yearsize' => '1890',
{

The new values from the spreadsheet are 180 and 60, so the change is:

Code Block
    'step_daydb' => '1',{
   'step_month   'hbeat' => '24180',
      'step_weekpoll' => '660',
   'rows_day' => '9216',
   'rows_weeksize' => '4608'
 },

This change should be made to the following sections:

• reachability
  • interface
  • metrics

Can I migrate existing NMIS8 RRD files to the new scheme

{

The interface entry for the Common-database.nmis model would look like this after the change:

Code Block
themeEmacs
 'interface' => {
   'step_year' => '288',
   'rows_month' => '2268',
   'rows_year' => '1890',
   'step_day' => '1',
   'step_month' => '24',
   'step_week' => '6',
   'rows_day' => '9216',
   'rows_week' => '4608'
 },

This change should be made to the following sections:

• reachability
  • interface
  • metrics

Can I migrate existing NMIS8 RRD files to the new scheme

Yes and no, increasing the amount of data you store is not problem, changing the polling interval to 1 minute creates a logical problem.  To change to 1 minute polling might be able to save the existing data but it will be 5 minute polling data, so the graphs would be wrong, you can delete all the existing files and start anew, and NMIS will just create them with the new values defined in the Common-database.nmis file.

To increase the data Yes, you can take existing NMIS8 RRD files and resize them using RRDTool Resize, the documentation for RRDTool resize is available on the RRDTool website http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdresize.en.html, in summary it would work like this.