RELEASED 02 Nov 2020.
This released included a few minor maintenance updates and one improvement.
- opflow-cli.pl act=sync-agent-node-data is now able to execute more efficiently in the event that agents are captured as interfaces of nodes in NMIS.
RELEASED 02 Oct 2020.
The new release of opFlow 3 will work on Opmantek's latest and fastest platform, however, the currently installed products are incompatible with this upgrade.
To find out more about this upgrade please read: Upgrading Opmantek Applications
version 3.0.16 released on 23 January 2020.
This is a maintenance release. Updates were only made to the installer.
Version 3.0.15 has been released on 4 Nov 2019.
- opFlow now supports opCharts 4.0.9 API
- opCommon.nmis setting 'opflow_opcharts_url_base' can now be set to a remote host on which opCharts 4.0.9 or newer is installed.
Version 3.0.14 was released on 22 Feb 2019, this is a maintenance release.
- Error while trying to generate reports on HTML format using opFlow-cli.pm.
version 3.0.12 was released on 16 Oct 2018, this is a maintenance release.
- Adjusted default configuration values and improved robustness and filter precisions.
Version 3.0.11 was released on 5 Feb 2018, this is a maintenance release.
- Agent interface lookup now considers secondary IP addresses and node host address
- Interface speed reflects node configuration settings in NMIS
- Default agent/interface view now shows flow and utilization data in the same graph
- Error in FlowController when direction is selected causing Server Error (500).
Version 3.0.10 was released on 21 Feb 2017.
- New default index page layout which loads faster
- Config options to turn previous index page back on
- Automatic sync agent info to local or remote opCharts node data
- GUI option to trigger agent sync
- GUI Agent selector faster
- Better DB indexes
Version 3.0.8 was released on 16 Aug 2016.
- The graph, pie chart and table all use the same color scheme
- Customize the default summary type with configuration option opflow_gui_default_summary_type
- Can access interface info from local NMIS installation without going via opCharts
- Show interface data on same graph as flow data using the configuration option opflow_gui_interface_integrated_index
- Customize the units used for data rate in tables by setting opflow_gui_octet_display_multiplier, each entry will be multiplied by this value
- New summary type 'Conversations by Application'
- Input/Output utilization and flows now split above/below X-Axis
- Export to CSV on conversation and TopN tables
Version 3.0.6 was released on 16 Jun 2016.
- The installer now works on systems without Perl installed (e.g. CentOS/RedHat 7 "minimal")
- NMIS is no longer a prerequisite for installing opFlow.
If NMIS is not present, the installer will setup the authorisation config files for standalone operation.
With NMIS present, shared authorisation mode is used (i.e. opFlow uses the NMIS authorisation infrastructure).
- opFlow now provides limited support for flow data coming from Cisco ASA firewalls. Some inherent limitations do apply: see opFlow and Cisco ASA NSEL NetFlows for details.
This was made possible largely thanks to a helpful customer who provided us with live flow data captures.
- The internal MongoDB driver was overhauled and adjusted for better performance
- Options for resetting your database state to the initial, empty, state were added to
The page Clean-up process for opFlow describes this situation in more detail.
- The custom
nfdumpflow exporter program was updated.
- The computation and display of traffic and packet averages was reworked for greater clarity.
The "Top N" page now displays the actual time period the data spans (which may not be quite the same as the Period selected in the menu).
- The date and time picker instances were adjusted for better compatibility with Firefox.
- The database size capping code was reworked for improved robustness.
Version 3.0.5 was released on 27 May 2016.
- Tables now have "Export to CSV" option.
The size of certain fields in the exported data is limited to 1024 characters (as Excel doesn't display bigger fields).
- Language selector added
- New report date picker now limits dates available to those where data is present
- The Agent and Interface selector was made more user-friendly and now omits flow direction choices that are not supported by the data, additionally only shows options that are enabled
- The database capping operation now has a simulation mode for verification, using
opflow-cli.pl act=setup-db dryrun=true.
Furthermore, database collections are no longer recapped if the size difference between desired and actual size is less than 10 megabytes.
- Long-running summary stage data generation now works correctly and isn't run in too many parallel instances.
- The database capping code in opflow-cli now runs without database timeout, and a race condition between that and index (re)creation was fixed.
The cap size detection logic was fixed to work consistently with both MongoDB storage backends (mmap and wiredtiger).
- TopN page now loads properly in Spanish
- Reports generated with a filter are now listed correctly in the GUI.
Version 3.0.4 was released on 18 May 2016.
- New Conversation Heatmap, shows links between endpoints showing traffic volume via color and edge width
- Conversation Summary now has new search options, allowing regex searches on several fields
- Agent/Interface picker now added to Conversation Summary page
- Advanced menu is now easier to use
- Performance improvements made to backend flow importing
- TopN page no longer triggers unnecessary loads
- Graph on index page now shows data over time more consistently
- Zoom lock now available on map/directed graphs
Version 3.0.0 was released on 23 Mar 2016.
- Completely re-written to handle higher flow volumes in both the backend and frontend
- Interface selector now allows easy filtering by agent and interface, can be linked with opCharts to show interface information
- Filters allow pre-selecting searches to make often used searches as fast as possible
- Supports much higher flow volumes
Version 2.5.2 was released on 9 Sep 2015.
- opFlow now work with MongoDB versions 2.4, 2.6 and 3.0. Please check the Product Compatibility page for details.
- various bug fixes
Version 2.5.0 was released on Nov 4, 2014
- Capped collections now specifically set the size of the Database so it cannot grow too large
- Displays date of oldest flow record
Version 2.4.0 was released on 14 Apr 2014
- opFlow index pie charts can now be clicked to view data for just that data point.
- Top N data table has been removed because information was a duplicate of the data in the pie charts, removal reduces processor load during flow insert
Version 2.3.4 was released on 4 Apr 2014
- Tuneable summarisation times based on time period being viewed which keeps the GUI more responsive when changing time periods
- Site name is prominently displayed on index page when filtering by site, endpoint has had the same treatment.
- report search showing incorrect results with wrong site names
- report not displaying because of divide by 0 error
- LDAP login configuration issue
Version 2.3.2 was released on 21 Feb 2014
This is a maintenance release incorporating primarily minor bug fixes. The main noteworthy change is an update to the licensing system: to evaluate opFlow you will require a new evaluation license. Full licenses are not affected by this change.