Discovered a parsing bug, which prevents from checking more as one service.

Error:

04-Feb-2016 04:20:09 nmis.pl::runServices#4543 ERROR: skipping service audit_processntpodd_processsshd_processsssd_process invalid service type!
04-Feb-2016 04:20:09 nmis.pl::runServices#4543 ERROR: skipping service audit_processntpodd_processsshd_processsssd_process invalid service type!

See screenshots. When one service is selected, the process check works. When more as one are selected, the parser concatenate all definitions to one, which lead to the error above.

Additionally, the monitored services aren't show up in the box "Monitored Services".

It should work as described in Managing Servers and Services with NMIS8#ConfiguringNMIStoMonitorServices

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

This is solved now (SUPPORT-1402).

Quick explanation:

Editing a node per Table Nodes within the main window works, but when you click new page, which opens the window in a new tab, the separating "," will not be parsed which lead to the behavior. Editing the node within the main window, all works as expected.

Then more easy:

audit_processntpodd_processsshd_processsssd_process => thats are 5 services to monitor (audit_process, ntp, odd_process, sshd_process and sssd_process). They are selected per Node Configuration => Service Monitoring at once - so nobody say that I defined all services at once. 

The same happen when I use the default services included in NMIS (as shown in the screenshot) - DNS and http. They show up as dnshttp.

But when I select a single service, like audit_process, this works. More as one, not.

And, as noted in the initial post, no monitored service shows up in "Monitored Services Overview" (cgi-nmis8/services.pl?conf=Config.nmis&widget=false when open in a new window).

i don't quite understand what you mean by "one service is selected" - where are you making that selection, on the node edit page? if that's it, then this setup certainly works for us here (3+ different snmp-based service monitor definitions, activated for the same node).

what is not supported is defining a single 'service' to be made up from multiple differently named processes (but the wiki page doesn't claim that that would).

could you please run the  support tool and send us the zip file to support@opmantek.com for more precise diagnostics?