I have a requirement to utilize multiple SNMPv3 credential sets for various equipment.  Can nmis.conf utilize multiple sets, and allow the choice of a specific set for a desired device?  How would I set this up?

Thank you.

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

Hi,

Did you get the information you needed?

NMIS8 does NOT support credential sets, the credentials for each device are defined in the node file, Nodes.nmis, node details are NOT stored in Config.nmis

For each node you have requiring SNMPv3 support you can include the details in the node record in Nodes.nmis

Regards

I believe that you have misunderstood my question, but I don't always ask correctly, either.  (sad)

What I need, is the ability to store multiple SNMPv3 credential sets and choose which set to apply to a specific device when it is being brought into monitoring.  I'm up to 4 different credential sets at the moment for equipment that belongs to different departments/companies. 

Hello dgreer0328

Im assuming you are trying to manage devices in NMIS for SNMPv3 you need to add the specific credentials for each device. There is not a way to validate with different credentials.

Importing Nodes into NMIS8 with SNMPv3 Credentials

Regards

Let me add that I am currently using 8.5.10G, and the configuration file is of course, Config.nmis.