Hello,

We are currently in the process of a POC. I installed the Open Audit Virtual Appliance version. 
This version was developed on Linux infrastructure. However, I cannot discover devices with windows operating system.
I'm sure the credential information is correct. However, I think I'm configuring a setting incorrectly. When I check I get the error "No valid credentials" but I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Application Version: Open - Audit Enterprise 4.4.2

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

The discovery log should tell you exactly why it didn't work. If your credentials are correct, then it's likely something wrong with the Windows PC. Windows is notorious for this. On the Discoveries List page, you should also see a Discovery Issues section. This should also provide some guidance.

And what Phil said, thanks Phil (thumbs up)

We take a different approach and do not discover devices.

You can take the audit_windows.vbs script from the /other folder on your Linux OA server and copy it to your windows device. Change some settings including url setting to point to your OpenAudit server:

' submit the audit to the Open-AudIT server
        submit_online = "y"

' create an XML text file of the result in the current directory
        create_file = "n"

' the address of the Open-AudIT server "submit" page
        url = "https://hostname/open-audit/index.php/input/devices"

We call the script with a batch file:

echo off
        cscript audit_windows.vbs
        exit

Batch file is scheduled to run once per day via task scheduler. You can even build this into the templates.

Sure it's easier if you can get discovery working, but we are in an enviro where we don't' control the network security which is very tight, so this ends up being a good option for us.