Hello,

great product so far. Thanks for supplying this also to the community.

It took quite some time to get started with it, but now it seems to work fine.

First I got stuck with several parts of the documentation which did not fit to the current version. For example the description on how to discover a subnet or, what brings me to my question, how to discover a single Linux Computer like here. These parts describe menues that are missing in the current version (1.12.6). Using "Discover a Windows Computer" instead does not bring me to the desired result.

Also I'd like to add additional pictograms and images for discovered devices, since some of them only get placeholders. E.g. a ZyXEL-Switch has a nice Pic, a Panasonic PBX not (not anything, see below).

And last not least i have some devices dubble-discovered for some unknown reason.

Without manual edit all 6 would show up with the questionmark-symbol. All 6 have been discovered with nmap. All 6 are of the type "unknown" and all 6 came up in the same subnet scan.

Can anyone provide some hints on how to perform these tasks. Thanks in advance.

Alorotom

P.S.: OA 1.12.6 is currently installed on a Win 10 64 Bit System for testing and scanning all reachable devices in the subnet.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Looks like you're only receiving Nmap data because of either:

1. You don't have the correct SSH credentials
      2. SSH is not installed and listening on the IP you're discovering

I would run a discovery with the Debug box ticked and read through the output. You'll see items such as ssh_status which will indicate what Nmap is seeing. Wait for the page to complete rendering (watch your browser icon) before moving away.

CommentAdd your comment...