If you are installing a version of opCharts compiled prior to 2016 please see this page: Pre 2016 Installations
- NMIS installed on the same server that opCharts is being installed (NMIS version >=8.5.6G).
- The individual performing this installation has a small bit of Linux experience.
Root access is available.
- Internet access is required for installing any missing but required software packages.
- opCharts License (evaluation available here).
- All licenses are added/updated at https://<hostname>/omk/opLicense .
- If you do not yet have a working installation of NMIS in your server, please follow the procedure in the NMIS 8 Installation Guide.
- Download opCharts from the Opmantek website.
As of February 2016, opCharts is distributed in a self-extracting download format that simplifies the installation process quite a bit. More information on running the installer can be found HERE: The Opmantek Installer
Transfer the opCharts installer file onto the server in question, either by direct download from the Opmantek website, or from your desktop with
sftp or a similar file transfer tool.
Start the interactive installer and follow its instructions:
- The installer will interactively guide you through the steps of installing opCharts. Please make sure to read the on-screen prompts carefully.
- When the installer finishes, opCharts is installed into
/usr/local/omk, and the default configuration files are in
/usr/local/omk/conf, ready for your initial config adjustments.
- A detailed log of the installation process is saved as
/usr/local/omk/install.log, and subsequent upgrades or installations of other Opmantek products will add to that logfile.
- For detailed information about the interactive installer please check the Opmantek Installer page.
You will need to adjust the NMIS-related settings:
conf/opCommon.nmisin an editor, go to the nmis section and change the nmis_dir to reflect your NMIS installation.
The result should look similar to the following (but there might be extra settings related to other products):
After completing your configuration changes you'll need to restart the opCharts daemon.
Simply run the following commands as root:
The installer will backup /usr/local/omk/conf/users.dat and then create a symlink to users.dat in your NMIS directory if it was found during installation. If the NMIS users.dat file could not be found the existing users.dat file in omk/conf/ will be used, if that is not found the default users.dat file will be copied to omk/conf/. Default credentials can be found here.
Where to go from here
First you should test opCharts: open up a web browser, and point it to "
http://<yourserverip>/omk/opCharts"; you will have to enter your license first, then you will see opCharts' main dashboard. See the authentication bullet point above for user/password info.