Hello,

I need to install using Ansible.

I am following Linux - Installing or Upgrading

Target host Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I would like to know if there is a way to pre answer the questions asked by the installer so that the installation can be unattended.

My ansible playbook will satisfy all dependencies prior to installation and will template out configuration files so I will want to answer no to practically all the questions.

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Hi,

After some pushing and pulling I have installed open-audit.

But I am concerned as I had to crowbar open-audit in on Ubuntu 16.04 with php 7.0 and MariaDB.

I am therefore not convinced that this is a good way to go into production with the solution as I am not convinced that there will be reasonable upgrade path. Naturally I want to move forward but cannot justify going to production with licensing until I can cover the sustainability of the solution.

Please can you advise whether you can update your installer for Ubuntu 16.04 and higher using php7.0 => and MariaDB => 10

As a side suggestion I really think you should provide more flexibility and an install method that does not use the .run installer. 

Thanks

Ok that is great. If I may continue the thread.

As stated above the open-audit instance is being installed on Ubuntu 1.04 LTS

Some issues arise in an unattended install. First best to try to satisfy all depends.

However, some are not that easy considering the following:

mysql-server

What if you want to use MariaDB and it is already installed?

What if you dont want the MariaDB local but on a remote host?

libapache2-mod-proxy-html

I believe this was a transitional package for apache3-bin and has transitioned already so mod_proxy_html.so will be found at /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_html.so

libapache2-mod-php5
        php5 php5-ldap
        php5-mcrypt
        php5-mysql
        php5-snmp

Ubuntu 16.04 defaults to using php7.0.

Is there a way to not have to install php5 alongside?

1. Mark Unwin

We have to update the installer for Ubuntu 16.04. As a workaround, you can edit the file /bin/installer_hooks/30-pre-oae-dependencies. Substitute the new package names at line 56 (or thereabouts). once the correct (for Ubuntu 16.04) package names are included, the installer will test them and advise if any are not installed.

2. Sean Wheller

Hi, Sorry for the delay been a bit side tracked. Understand what you want me to, I am just not finding a way to extract the bundle or edit files inside the bundle. It's probably something obvious but a hint would help. Thanks :-)

3. Mark Unwin

You should be able to do: ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.run --extract-only

4. Sean Wheller

Hi Mark, Yes that is what I found while looking around the net, but it seems that this is not possible in this case. Here is the result I get ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run --extract-only Unrecognized flag : --extract-only Makeself version 2.2.0 1) Getting help or info about ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run : ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run --help Print this message ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run --info Print embedded info : title, default target directory, embedded script ... ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run --lsm Print embedded lsm entry (or no LSM) ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run --list Print the list of files in the archive ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run --check Checks integrity of the archive 2) Running ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run : ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.10.1.run [options] [--] [additional arguments to embedded script] with following options (in that order) --confirm Ask before running embedded script --quiet Do not print anything except error messages --noexec Do not run embedded script --keep Do not erase target directory after running the embedded script --noprogress Do not show the progress during the decompression --nox11 Do not spawn an xterm --nochown Do not give the extracted files to the current user --target dir Extract directly to a target directory directory path can be either absolute or relative --tar arg1 [arg2 ...] Access the contents of the archive through the tar command -- Following arguments will be passed to the embedded script

5. Sean Wheller

fyi I did look at --target dir also and it is not helping

6. Mark Unwin

Sean, That command should work on a Linux machine. It doesn't work on my Mac though. Mark.

at this time the opmantek installer does support  unattended installation, but not preconfiguration of answers: if you run the installable file with the -y option, (i.e. ./opXYZ -- -y), then it will select the default answer (usually 'yes') for all questions. please see the installer documentation for further details.