1
0
-1

Hi,

I have a fresh 1.12 installation on Ubuntu 14.04. I noticed that discovered devices were not being input into the database when the subnet being discovered contained more than about 20 hosts. 

I saw an article saying there was an issue with Windows installations.  Discovery patch for 1.8.2 (Windows)

I have changed sequential="y" in /usr/local/open-audit/other/discover_subnet.sh however this has not helped.

When I break the subnet down into groups of smaller IP ranges, the discovered devices appear in the database. 

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I could perform, or fixes to be applied?

Thanks

    CommentAdd your comment...

    2 answers

    1.  
      1
      0
      -1

      The issue was the limit of 20 devices in the Enterprise free license. There is no problem with the software itself.

        CommentAdd your comment...
      1.  
        1
        0
        -1

        I would set log_level in Open-AudIT config to 7 (menu -> admin -> config, clear the logs (menu -> admin -> logs -> purge system log) and rerun a discovery on a subnet giving you issues. Wait for it to completely finish. Feel free to send me the log output (marku@opmantek.com) from /usr/local/open-audit/other/log_system.log. If a device responds to a ping, it should be in the database. It's that simple. The amount of details retrieved will depend on the device and credentials, but there should be an entry for it regardless.

        When done, don't forget to set the log level back to 5.

          CommentAdd your comment...