I have problem in my OpenAudit Community 2.0.11 instance.
In configuration site I have set up matching record uniqueness only by "match_hostname_uuid" and "match_uuid".
Every time when I run audit vbs, OpenAudIT creates duplicate records for each host.
In "system" table I have many duplicate "uuid" entries.
Are you running Discoveries at all?
Set the log_level config item to 7 (set back to 5 after you're done).
Check the discovery_log on a device and it should show why it is (or isn't) matching an existing device.
After turning on logs I have entries https://imgur.com/a/w1faF
In my opinion OpenAudit tries to match device by IP, but matching by IP is disabled in my configuration: https://imgur.com/a/ie6QB
That message doesn't mean it tried to match using IP, it means it couldn't find ANY matches for a device with that IP. Maybe I can reword that better.
Does the XML you're submitting contain the UUID (and optionally the hostname)?
Yes, I have both - uuid and hostname in xml from computer.
What are your config options for all the match_* items?
Here is my configuration: https://imgur.com/a/ie6QB
I would set match_uuid to 'n'.
More information here - https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Matching+Devices
Also note that if the devices are not Dell/HP/etc, they may report an identical UUID. Removing match_uuid and relying on match_hostname_uuid is likely a better option.
When I change match_hostname_uuid to "y", match_uuid to "n" and match_hostname to "n" I still have duplicate entries.
If you're using audit scripts, can you run one manually on a duplicated target (see below), and send me the system -> sys section of the XML.
cscript audit_windows.vbs submit_online=n create_file=y debugging=4
Feel free to email it to email@example.com
Powered by a free Atlassian Confluence Open Source Project License granted to Opmantek. Evaluate Confluence today.