NMIS9 has added support for IPv6 in version 9.1.2a. These key features were added to support IPv6:
- Support for polling devices using ICMP and SNMP with the IPv6 protocol.
- Redundant node polling using IPv6 addresses (For backup host)
- Capability to resolve domain names to IPv6 addresses and vice-versa
- Capability to collect IPv6 addresses table from devices
- IPv6 decodes from various forms to human readable
How to add a Device with an IPv6 address?
Just need to set IPv6 address and select the right protocol version:
We can use the Diagnostic tool to verify the ping is working: