Welcome to the NMIS community page! Have you just downloaded NMIS (VM or source)? See the NMIS v8 Documentation section information to get you started and help you configure NMIS. If you are looking for information and documentation for one of our modules see the specific Module links below. Lastly, if you have just downloaded the VM Bundle with NMIS and all of our modules check out the Getting Started - Virtual Appliance Bundle & NMIS 8 document to get you going.
Opmantek Modules to Extend NMIS8
- opFlow - Application level visibility using NetFlow information, providing incredible visibility into bandwidth usage, by user and application.
- opReports - Expert reporting, with traffic lights and actions.
- opMaps - Geographical mapping of your Organisation, from NMIS information.
- opSLA - Enhanced IPSLA engine for 10000's of IPSLA probes on a single server.
- opHA - High availability for NMIS through Master/Slave and Multi-Master configurations.
- NMIS File Permissions
- Default Credentials (Passwords) for NMIS8 VM
- User Management in NMIS8
- Moving the NMIS database to a new partition
- Logs, debugs and files which are useful when troubleshooting and resolving issues in NMIS
- Migrating from NMIS 8.1.1 to NMIS 8.2.1
- Patching NMIS with 8.3.4G Update
- Patching NMIS with 8.3.6G Update
NMIS v8 Documentation
Current NMIS v8 documentation is listed below.
- Getting Started - Virtual Appliance Bundle & NMIS 8
- NMIS8 Release Notes
- NMIS8 Installation guide - All you should need to know to get NMIS8 running on LInux
- NMIS8 VM Installation Guide - What you need to know to get NMIS8 VMware OVF ready for use on your VMware installation.
- NMIS8 Quick Start Guide
- NMIS8 Configuration Guide
- NMIS8 Virtual Machine - More information about the NMIS8 Virtual Machine.
- Managing Servers and Services with NMIS8
- NMIS Configuration Part 1 on the "show brain" blog
- NMIS Configuration Part 2 on the "show brain" blog
- NMIS 4.3.6e Installation Documentation- contributed by Terrell Prude.