What is Open-AudIT?
Opmantek's Open-AudIT is an application to tell you exactly what is on your network, how it is configured and when it changes.
As at 2018-12-18 (and now release 2.3.2) , we now have initial code for PHP 7.2 compatibility. This means Ubuntu 18.04 support will be forthcoming for the next release. If you have a support contract and absolutely require Ubuntu 18.04 support ASAP, please do contact Opmantek.
NOTE - Version 3.x of Open-AudIT now supports PHP 7.3 and upwards (as well as back to PHP 5.3.3). Installing on Ubuntu is now officially supported.
Using this Documentation
Below you will find documentation details. To get started, please review the section "Getting Started" and don't forget about the user forums at http://www.open-audit.org.
More information about Opmantek and our products and services available on our website.
With the release of Open-AudIT 2.x the GUI has been reorganized into three main concepts:
- Discover - Getting device information into Open-AudIT.
- Report - Reporting on the information you have collected.
- Manage - Managing collections of items.
The documentation has been updated to reflect this change, it each of those sections, three further sections have been included:
- HowTo - How to get something done in Open-AudIT
- About - How things work in Open-AudIT
- Collections - The nitty-gritty details of things in Open-AudIT
These detailed guides, webinars, and blogs break down configuring Open-AudIT into manageable tasks and sub-tasks. These guides are designed to be followed after you have installed Open-AudIT and confirmed it is operating. Please refer to the Getting Started page for more information.
- Baselining Devices for Consistency and Standardization
- Building your Network Discovery
- Collector server creation
- Creating, Populating, and Reporting on Custom Fields
- Creating Custom Reports
- Leveraging Locations to Speed Up Searching and Display
- Monitoring Files for Changes
- Organizing your Devices and Users
- Software Asset Management
Getting device information into Open-AudIT.
Reporting on the information you have collected.
Managing collections of items.
How-To - General
About - General
About - Users
Supporting documentation about the Open-AudIT application itself.